instagram

Friday 13 June 2014

MAC Cosmetics : Alluring Aquatic

This is the collection from Mac that totally got me blown away! Packaging is AMAZING. 
The colours don't remind you of summer at all but they are so mermaidy, it follows the entire Aquatic Ocean theme. The more I look at them, the more I fell in love with. If I could, I would've gotten the entire collection but I can't seem to be able to pull off any of the eyeshadows.. (major bummer). So I got 3 of their lipsticks and an extra dimension bronzer. 

Lipsticks (SGD 32) : 
Pet me please (frost)
Enchanted One ( matte)
Goddess of the Sea (cremesheen)

Extra dimension bronzer(SGD58) :
Aphrodite's Shell. 









The Extra dimension bronzer is stunning, it is a the type of bronzer that leans towards the pink side. 
Perfect for adding a bronze effect on the entire face & as well as a blush during summer.
I've been reaching towards this as a blush since the day I got it. And it give me a natural flush and glow to my face. Really really natural, an almost "I look naturally this good" kind of look. Absolutely in love.
The little specks of shimmer that you see will not get transferred onto the face when u applied it. You will get a sheen effect instead.
Texture: Soft, creamy and pigmented.
Lasting power:  3 hrs ( applied with a light hand) 






Lipstick: Pet Me Please (frost)
Metallic frosty Pink
Very easy to apply, but need to build 2 layers at least for the true colour to show.
This is a beautiful lipsticks if you have a tan in my opinion. 
It is also very good for layering, adding dimension to any other lipsticks you put underneath or above.
Versatility: Can be worn alone or for layering.Good! 
Texture: Creamy but do accentuate dry lips.
Lasting power: 2 hrs



Lipstick: Enchanted One ( matte) 
This is a perfect nude ( lean a little brown)  that I've been hunting for. I am super excited when I tried it on. It sure doesn't look as good as when I had my bright lipsticks on according to my friends. BUT I just have to get it, NO MATTER WHAT. THIS LIPSTICK IS MINE! LOL. With a lipbalm, this lipstick just glide across the lips effortlessly.
Without a lip balm, this lipstick is not as drying as other matte lipstick I've wore, it is actually quite creamy but I do have to put a little more pressure when pursing my lips together to evenly apply it nicely.
I love to layer this and pet me please together and the colour is gorgeous! 
Texture: Creamy, matte 
Lasting power: 4-5 hrs



Lipstick: Goddess of the Sea ( Cremesheen) 
I've had a few of these plum berry lipstick for eg, the Urban Decay Revolutionary Lipstick in Venom..But when I swatch it, I'm really impressed, it is not as sticky as the cremesheen lipstick used to be, and the colour is just so pretty, it looks so moisturising and watery. When applied, it allows my natural lip colour to show through which makes this berry tone lipstick so wearable. And if you want a more intense colour, you can always add a few more layers. I really love it.
Texture: creamy, watery affect after application.
Lasting power: 4-5hrs wearing off with a slight stain on lips. 




 Swatches with natural outdoor lights
left to right: 
Lipsticks: goddess of the sea, enchanted one, pet me please. Extra Dimension bronzer in aphrodite's shell.

Just obsessed with these little suckers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment