instagram

Saturday 31 May 2014

Topshop Gloss Ink


Topshop Gloss Ink in Sugar Rush

This was almost like a dupe for the YSL Glossy stain but with limited colours.
Really adore the slick black matte packaging with glossy wordings printed on it that makes it very ATAS. 
I opt for something natural because the rest were either too red, orange or dark for my liking. 
This is a super flattering colour on my lips, with the right amount of pigmentation and gloss.
Staying power is also comparable to the YSL Glossy Stains, it can last 1 meal and some drinking and talking which in my opinion is pretty good for a light colour lip product. It is also similar in terms of stickiness of the gloss when compared, they sure are on the same level of tackiness. I don't fancy the littlest bit of drying of the lips when I apply these so called stains.. But I really like how much gloss they give
making the whole lip look so much plush and moisturised. It is also lightly vanilla candy scented.
The scent puts me off initially but after awhile it is really nice and I find it to be less artificial as compared to the YSL. One big problem about this is that when I apply this on my lips, on some occasion it can actually have slight stinging sensation, not mint but stinging. Not something I've encountered with the YSL glossy stains. I'm not sure if it is because of the difference in ingredient or what but the feeling is just unpleasant. 
However, if you don't have sensitive lips like me, this lipgloss/stain will definitely be a hit because despite it stinging me, I still love the colour and everything about it. 
BEST PART is that it cost only S$16 compared to the YSL which cost S$43 at any YSL counters, S$33-35 in DFS .You can use it without worrying about going through it so fast and at the same time do not feel the pinch as much as when you have to repurchase another one.






most far left swatch with flash

w/o flash

No comments:

Post a Comment