instagram

Saturday 31 May 2014

Aritaum & Missha Cream Eyeshadow


These 2 cream shadows are said to be Korean dupes for the Armani's eyes to kill and Chanel's illusion d'ombre.
Aritaum's Shine Fix Eyes --- dupe for Armani's eyes to kill
Missha's Jewel Star Eyes --- dupe Chanel's Illusion D'ombre

Let's talk about Aritaum's Shine Fix Eyes (no.15 Lonri Dazy)
I've yet to get my hands on the Armani's ones but judging from the packaging, there are definitely very very similar. And I must say i really love the consistency, texture and pigmentation of this product.
The glitter are also very pretty. They are golden glitters that give a green sheen when u see it in different lighting, or flash. Thus photos do not do this product justice.
Initially when i ordered it online, according to a blogger's swatch it was khaki green kind of brown but when I got the actual product I thought i ordered the wrong colour online. Double checked but I did ordered the right colour. Upon application, that is when I realise that the golden glitters inside does give off a green sheen to it thus the green swatch. Very intriguing indeed :)
One thing to note that the glitters are a little chunky so it does fall out if you use a brush to apply.
so if you can't stand fall out then this might not be appealing.





with flash

w/o flash ( natural & indoor lighting ) 

with flash

Natural lighting

Next up, Missha's Jewel Star Eyes ( no. 2 Havana Coral)
This is said to be a dupe for Chanel's Illusion D'ombre. In my honest opinion,
packaging looks very well the same , the amount of glitter inside are massive for both but the texture is different. Missha's one is way softer and has a more wet kind of feeling (somewhat like mousse ) Both had that spongey feeling but I would prefer the Chanel's texture just because it felt less sticky and apply more like a powder/cream than a mousse/cream. 
However, for pigmentation, Missha's perform better, but it could just be the shade that I've got my Chanel in that lacks the pigmentation it should have if I got it in a darker brown colour.

Below there will be a photo comparison of the missha's Jewel Star Eyes and Chanel's Illusion D'ombre.





with flash

with flash


Missha (left) and Chanel ( Right ) side by side.
If you are wondering why is my Chanel eyeshadow in a plastic container, it was because I broke the glass packaging.. that was my saddest day ever.

product swatch side by side 
(w/o flash)

with flash

natural lighting

with flash, natural lighting

indoor lighting w/o flash

No comments:

Post a Comment